Welcome to the Neo Ambassador Committee, we can't wait to have you on board as part of our 2022 program! Across the year, here you can find key dates, meeting agendas and minutes, and other bits and pieces.
To officially join the Committee, you need permission from your parent or guardian to accept this offer and to communicate with Art Gallery of South Australia (AGSA) staff. Your parent/guardian must complete and sign the below form (scroll down to Permission Forms) and submit below or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 13 December 2021.
Please carefully read over the below key information, which includes:
- Introduction to Neo and the Ambassador Committee
- Permission Form that covers: NAC Permission, Medical Emergencies & Image Release
- Dates for your 2022 diary - including two event planning days, events and after school meetings
If you have any queries, concerns or if you no longer wish to participate as a member of the 2022 Neo Ambassador Committee, please contact:
Teen Programs Officer, AGSA
8207 7076 / 0416 878 676 (feel welcome to text or call)
Neo is a free event exclusively for young people aged 13-17 years. Presented 6 times a year, Neo is a festival-style event curated in response to AGSA’s latest exhibitions, featuring live music, performance, artist-led workshops and social activities.
Neo is presented by The Balnaves Foundation. Since 2016, Neo has welcomed over 7000 teens to the Art Gallery of South Australia.
The Neo Ambassadors are a volunteer committee of young people aged 13 to 17, who are vital to the development and presentation of AGSA's flagship program for teens, Neo. The Ambassadors are recruited annually from around South Australia, with each member being involved in layers of the program, from idea generation, to being hands on in the delivering of exciting and inclusive events for their peers at AGSA.
As a Neo Ambassador you will:
- Advise and support the development and presentation of Neo
- Help discover new ways of connecting diverse young people across South Australia
- Work with AGSA staff and artists to co-produce and promote programs that enable young people to actively connect with art, artists and AGSA onsite, online and on tour
- To act with respect for others at all times
- Attend and actively contribute to meetings every 3 to 4 weeks (in person or via Zoom) with Teen Programs Officer Bernadette Klavins
- Meetings occur at least once per month and usually take place on Tuesdays or Wednesdays between 4-5pm
- Participate in 2 days of professional development across the Summer and Winter School Holidays
- Attend and contribute to at least three Neo events a year
- Participate in optional opportunities and activities throughout the year; including opportunities to run guided tours at Neo and Start events, develop and present workshops at Neo, take part in media interviews, or contribute to Neo’s zine
Being a part of the Neo Ambassador Committee provides invaluable opportunities to develop new skills and experiences such as:
- Professional development opportunities including:
- Event management
- Public Program development
- Public speaking
- Leadership experience
- Evaluation and reporting
- Marketing and promotion (including print and social media)
- Be part of a committed professional team of passionate young arts advocates
- Behind-the-scenes access to the AGSA collection and latest exhibitions
- Exclusive experiences with AGSA Curators, Producers and Educators
- Meet exhibiting artists and cultural leaders
- Receive discounts and freebies, including a 10% discount to the Gallery Store and AGF+ W
- Invitations to special events
- 10% discount at the Gallery Store with the presentation of your AGSA ID card
- 10% discount at AGF+W with the presentation of your AGSA ID card.
- Free entry to all paid exhibitions when presenting your AGSA ID card.
To receive your AGSA ID card you will be inducted as a Gallery Volunteer at our first meeting. As a Gallery Volunteer you will also be invited to special tours, previews and volunteer events throughout the year.
To officially join the NAC, you need permission from your parent or guardian to accept this offer and to communicate with AGSA staff. Your parent/guardian must complete and sign the forms and submit below or via email to Bernadette Klavins, Teen Programs Officer at email@example.com by Monday 13 December 2021.
Including Neo events, two planning days and after school meetings.
|Summer Hot House||Tue 25 Jan||10am-2pm||Lunch provided. Please bring a water bottle. More details provided in the New Year.|
|Meeting||Tue 8 Feb||4-5pm||Finalise Neo Carnival planning and discuss SA Youth Week Teen Takeover|
|Meeting||Wed 16 Feb||4-5pm||Sign-making before Neo Carnival on Saturday|
|Neo Carnival||Sat 19 Feb||6-8:30pm||Set up from 4.30pm|
|Neo||Sat 9 Apr||6-8:30pm||Set up from 4.30pm|
|Neo Teen Takeover||Sat 22 May||6-8.30pm||Set up from 4.30pm|
|Winter Hot House||Wed 13 Jul||10am-2pm||Lunch provided. Please bring a water bottle.|
|Neo||Sat 13 Aug||6-8.30pm||Set up from 4.30pm|
|Neo Teen Takeover||Sat 22 Oct||6-8.30pm||Set up from 4.30pm|
|Neo `||Sat 3 Dec||6-8.30pm||Set up from 4.30pm|
Meeting Agenda and Minutes
This is where notes from each meeting will be uploaded so it's easy to catch up on!