Book week inspired workshop for primary students
AGSA Education are pleased to offer this outreach opportunity for schools who are unable to visit the Gallery. One of our trained facilitators will visit your school and deliver a workshop that responds to works of art in the collection.
Cultivating Curiosity will bring together art making, writing and critical thinking. Using the Gallery's Curiosity Cards as prompts students will have an opportunity to respond to works of art in alternative ways. The second part of the workshop will include a practical response to Beatrice by Julia Robinson Our facilitator will guide students through a making activity in response to their favourite book that can be displayed in your classroom while you celebrate books, children's authors and illustrators.
- 2 hour facilitated workshop (including break)
- Materials for making
- Set of Curiosity Cards for the class to keep
What schools need to provide
- Access to Smartboard or projector, laptop with USB port
- Pencils and paper
- Each student will need to bring along either a favourite book or one they are currently reading
- Magazines/newspapers for collage activity
Cost $350 per class group, $270 per equity or country class group
Available to schools within 50km radius of CBD, if your school is located outside of this limit please request a booking to discuss.
Please send through a booking request with your preferred dates and times.