Curiosity, critical and creative thinking are integral to making and responding to works of art. Explore new strategies to help your students to pose questions and explore ideas by drawing on their curiosity and imagination. Hear from leading education specialists and discover alternative ways to engage your students with works of art both in the classroom and during a visit to the Gallery.
The program will include curator and educator talks as well as hands-on sessions addressing the following themes:
- How to unpack works of art without knowing content
- Using Visual Thinking Strategies and Curiosity Cards to engage with works of art
- Alternative ways to use the Gallery as a resource - Passion Project Case Study (Christian Brothers College)
- Encountering controversial works of art
- Early Years Learning in the Gallery
- Using artists as a starting point