Make a Monster Maraca
You will need
- 2 paper cups (or cardboard roll or small cardboard box)
- Masking tape
- Materials to place inside your maraca to make a rattling sound, you could use beads, stones, gum nuts, old buttons or paperclips.
- Collage templates or paper and coloured pencils or textas for drawing your monster's eyes noses, mouth, legs and arms.
- Coloured paper scraps or old magazine pages or recycled wrapping paper to make interesting monster scales and skin.
To make your monster
- Place the rattling sound making materials inside your cup or box and tape together to seal the materials inside.
- Draw or collage your monster features. Glue your features to your maraca.
- If you have coloured paper you may like to cut, curl, fold and fringe to make interesting 3D monster textures.
Your Monster Maraca is complete!
Pretend you are a monster rustling through the jungle. Play some music and join in with some monster rhythm and beats!