Terms & Conditions
Thank you for your interest in the South Australian Artists Fund. Application Guidelines and Terms and Conditions are below.
- Monday 4 May 2020 - applications open
- Monday 18 May 2020 - applications close
- Monetary bursaries are available as part of the SA Artists Fund with a one-off contribution of $10,000 AUD (no GST) to each successful applicant.
- The Art Gallery of South Australia (AGSA) will pay the $10,000 AUD (no GST) fee to the selected Artists following the announcement.
Purpose of funding
- In accepting the bursary, the Artist agrees that it be used only for the purpose specified in the budget outlined in the application.
- No presentation outcomes are expected, however the Artist agrees to provide a one page written report (max 500 words) describing how the bursary has been applied to their practice at a later date.
- Submissions must be uploaded to the AGSA website by Monday 18 May 2020, 1700 ACST.
- Artists must meet the eligibility criteria, as follows:
- Over 18 years of age at Monday 18 May 2020.
- Practicing visual artists (including individuals, collectives and art centres).
- South Australian – must be Australian citizens or permanent residents and must be living in South Australia as their main place of residence.
- Application is limited to one application per Artist, Collective or Art Centre.
- An internal panel will assess artist selection for the bursary.
- Panel assessment is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Application outcomes will be notified in writing.
- The selected Artist, Collective or Art Centre agrees to any embargo applicable to the official announcement of successful outcomes.
Images & Copyright
- Images will be provided by the Artist, Collective, or Art Centre as follows
- Maximum 6 high-resolution images of works (Adobe RGB, JPEG/TIFF, 300 dpi)
- Full caption details including: title, creation date, creation place, medium, dimensions (cm), photographer
- The Artist, Collective or Art Centre acknowledges that all information provided in their application may be used by AGSA for purposes including, but not limited to, education, publicity and promotion.
- The Artist agrees that the works of art provided are original and do not infringe the copyright, moral rights, or other rights of any third party.
Acknowledgement of bursary
- Where applicable, the Artist agrees to acknowledge the South Australian Artists Fund in any material produced in relation to the purpose outlined in their application.
For enquiries, contact:
Rebecca van Essen
Benefaction and Contemporary Collectors Coordinator