Join a committed group of art lovers dedicated to acquiring major works of art for the collection.
The Art Gallery of South Australia Foundation is the major vehicle through which the Gallery builds its collection.
Due to the generosity of donors, AGSA holds one of Australia's finest art collections and the Foundation has played a pivotal role in its development. More than 5700 works of art, with a combined value of over $210 million, have been acquired for the state’s collection through the Foundation since its inception in 1981.
The Foundation’s purpose is to raise funds and encourage donations to assist in the acquisition of works of art to enrich the state’s collection. It supports the Gallery’s ambition to advance art and creativity and its commitment to being a powerful contributor to culture in Australia and beyond. It is also possible to support different areas of the Gallery through the Foundation.
The Foundation is led by its Chair, Andrew Gwinnett. The Honourable Steven Marshall, Premier of South Australia, is the Patron of the Foundation and the Honourable Peter Malinauskas, Leader of the Opposition, is the Vice-Patron.
|Benefaction Level||Gift Amount||Duration|
|Foundation Member||$1,500 - $4,999||3 years|
|Foundation Fellow||$5,000 - $24,999||3 years|
|Foundation Benefactor||$25,000 - $49,999||10 years|
|Foundation Guardian||$50,000 - $99,999||10 years|
|Foundation Principal||$100,000 - $249,999||15 years|
|Foundation Governor||$250,000 - $999,999||lifetime|
|Foundation Founder||$1m - $10m||lifetime|
|Foundation Patron||$10m and above||lifetime|
Initial Foundation membership requires a minimum pledge of $1,500 for a three-year period.
This pledge can be evenly divided over the three years with instalments of $500 per year.
In addition to general member benefits, Foundation members receive:
- invitations to Foundation-only dinners and exclusive curator-led events
- an invitation to the Annual Collectors Club Dinner, the Foundation’s hallmark event
- tax deductions on all cash donations
- opportunities to join interstate and overseas art-focused travel
- acknowledgement of your support on the Donors’ Board in the AGSA Vestibule and in the Foundation Annual Report. Members at Benefactor level and above are also acknowledged in the AGSA Magazine and the AGSA website.
Acting Head of Foundation and Benefaction
P 8 8207 7040