Join a dynamic group of individuals with a shared passion for contemporary art
Contemporary Collectors is a philanthropic group of donors dedicated to growing AGSA's collection of contemporary art and championing the art and artists of our time.
Since its inception in 2003, Contemporary Collectors has strengthened the Gallery's collection of contemporary art and supported many significant acquisitions.
AGSA connects Contemporary Collectors to contemporary art and artists through its program of unique events and offerings.
Join Contemporary Collectors individually for $560 per year ($500 tax-deductible annual donation plus a $60 service fee) or jointly for $1,120.00 ($1,000.00 tax-deductible annual donation plus a $120 service fee).*
*Contemporary Collectors donations run in-line with the Financial Year. If you join after July, your donation will be a pro rata amount to align your renewal with the 30 June renewal cycle.
Contemporary Collectors Donor Benefits
- general member benefits
- access to exclusive previews
- invitations to events with contemporary artists and industry professionals from around the world
- preferential purchases of limited-edition works by contemporary artists
- opportunities to take part in art-focused travel lead by AGSA curators and industry professionals
- invitations to social occasions in the homes of private art collectors
- an invitation to AGSA’s annual gala dinner
- acknowledgement on the Donors’ Board in the AGSA Vestibule and in the Foundation Annual Report
- Contemporary Collector Donors of Benefactor level and above are also acknowledged in the AGSA Magazine and the AGSA website
|Benefaction Level||Gift Amount|
|Contemporary Collectors Member||$560 to $4,999|
|Contemporary Collectors Fellow||$5,000 to $24,999|
|Contemporary Collectors Benefactor||$25,000 to $49,999|
|Contemporary Collectors Guardian||$50,000 to $99,999|
|Contemporary Collectors Principal||$100,000 to $249,999|
|Contemporary Collectors Governor||$250,000 or more (lifetime membership)|
In determining an individual's of benefaction, donations are cumulative. Levels of benefaction are maintained by making a $500 tax-deductible annual donation plus a $60 service fee.
Gifts of significant Contemporary works of art can be made through the Australian Government Cultural Gifts Program which provides tax incentives to encourage gifts of culturally significant items from private collections to Australia’s public art galleries.