Start Art Workshop - Textured Tracks
Spin your wheels to make marks and textured patterned prints using toy cars and household items.
- Large sheet of paper
- Toy cars or objects for mark making
- Plates or shallow containers
- Tempera or poster paint
- Mat or newspapers
- Prepare paint on plates or shallow containers. Slightly water down the paint and mix well. Cover your work area with a mat or with newspapers.
- Look for toy cars that have interesting patterns on their wheels or other objects around the house and yard that would make interesting tracks or marks when dipped in some paint and dragged across some paper.
- Place a large sheet of paper at the center of your mat.
- Place your object or a toy car on a plate of paint and move it back and forth so that the tred of the wheels pick up paint. Lift the car and shake it a bit to remove excess paint.
- Roll the car along the paper to make colorful patterns and textured tracks.
- Take it further and line up lengths of paper and have a race, make a track or use your finished patterned pieces as gift wrap!