Young musicians, this one’s for you!
We’re calling out to South Australian teen bands to get involved in our Battle of the Bands contest! This October at Neo Teen Takeover: Full Moon, we want to showcase the sounds of some top teen bands who are creating original music and ready to take it to the next level.
To get involved, all you have to do is send us a track of your band playing an original song. Just upload your track using the form on this page by midnight on Wednesday 30 September.
- What happens if I'm selected as a finalist?
- What's the prize if you win?
- What’s the judging process?
- Key Dates
- Entry Form
- Have a question?
You’ll be notified if your band is a finalist by Tuesday 6 October 2020.
If your band is selected as a finalist, you will:
- Perform live at our Teen Takeover event, Neo Full Moon on Saturday 31 October, with your set live streamed onto our website.
- Receive an exclusive workshop session with creative agency See Oh to discuss release plans, distribution deals, marketing, branding, management, press kits, and a photoshoot.
- Receive a professionally edited video of your live performance at AGSA, alongside a selection of professional photographs of your performance.
Bands will be able to use a baseline, mics and a drum kit provided by AGSA, but all other instruments will be needed to be provided by the bands themselves. Neo will have a sound engineer on hand.
If your band is selected as the winner, you'll receive:
- A full day of recording with a sound engineer at the Northern Sound System.
- A mentorship with nationally recognised Producer Mario Spate and Carclew's Resident Producer
- An exclusive workshop session with creative agency See Oh to discuss release plans, distribution deals, marketing, branding, management, press kits, and a photoshoot.
- A professionally edited video of your live performance at AGSA, alongside a selection of professional photographs of your performance.
The competition will be judged by music industry professionals from Carclew and Northern Sound System, and a representative from AGSA.
From the online entries, the judges will select 5x finalists to perform live as part of the competition at Neo Full Moon on Saturday 31 October. On the night, the judges will select the winning band and announce it!
Entries Open: Saturday 15 August 2020, 5pm
Entries Close: Wednesday 30 September 2020, midnight
Finalists Notified: Tuesday 6 October 2020
Battle of the Bands: Saturday 31 October 2020 at Neo Full Moon
Make sure to run through this checklist before you complete the Registration Form:
- Do I have my key contact details on hand?
- Do I have a short description of my band? This might include how long you've played together for, a description of your sound, and your key influences (3-5 sentences is fine!).
- Do you have any previous recording or performance history? This information can just be a list of dot-points, it's ok if you don't have any so far!
- Do I have a file or link to my band's original song submission?
- This could be a video or audio file
- This could be a link to your song uploaded on Soundcloud, Youtube or Spotify etc.
- It's fine if it's recorded on your smart phone, as long as it is audible
- Do I have some socials links to share? (Instagram, Youtube, Soundcloud, etc.)
- Do I have 1-3 photographs of my band?
- Have myself and a guardian read the Terms and Conditions?
Terms and Conditions
- I agree the song I have submitted is original and uncopied.
- I agree that the song does not contain any offensive material, and is suitable for all ages to view.
- I agree that the members of the band are between 13-17 years of age and based in South Australia. If there is a band member/s who is 18 years of age, it mustn't comprise of more than 1/3 of the band.
- If I am selected as a finalist, I agree to perform at the Neo Teen Takeover on Saturday 31 October, and commit to undertaking the professional development opportunities offered as prizes.
All good? You're now ready to submit your Registration Form!