We are pleased to engage with family, friend, community, corporate and special interest groups. Groups can book guided tours with our volunteer Gallery Guides to explore current exhibitions, highlights of the permanent collection or on popular themes.
Tours are also available in languages other than English, for English as a Second Language learners, for visitors with disabilities and access requirements, as well as tailored experiences for visitors with dementia. Virtual tours (via zoom) are also available for groups unable to visit in person.
We also welcome enquiries from groups interested in scheduling regularly monthly visits as part of AGSA's Special Interest Group program. Please contact email@example.com for details.
Available tour topics:
- Highlights of the Collection
- Exhibition Tours, including the Archie 100: A Century of the Archibald Prize , Robert Wilson: Moving portraits , Pure Form: Japanese sculptural ceramics and Nalini Malani: Gamepieces exhibitions
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Culture
- Contemporary Art, including Yayoi Kusama: THE SPIRITS OF THE PUMPKINS DESCENDED INTO THE HEAVENS and Chiharu Shiota: Absence embodied
- Decorative Arts including Morris & Co.
- The Natural World
- Religious works in the permanent collection
- French works in the permanent collection (also available in French)
- Italian works in the permanent collection (also available in Italian)
- Language Tours of the permanent collection and selected exhibitions available in Auslan, French, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Polish and Spanish, and for English as a Second Language learners
- We also welcome enquiries for tours focusing on particular artists, works of art, art movements or themes
Group visit details:
- Groups must not exceed 10 people per tour (additional guides will be scheduled for groups exceeding 10 people)
- Guide tour fees apply. $20/guide for Family, Friend and Community Groups, $100/guide for Corporate and Tour Company Groups. Guide fees are waived for volunteer organisations, refugee and new arrival groups, and visitors with dementia, disabilities or access requirements (conditions apply).
- We ask visitors who are unwell, or have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, to postpone visiting the Gallery until they are well again. Please refer to AGSA's response to Covid-19 in advance of the visit.
- Three weeks’ notice of tour date is required when requesting a guided tour
- Please provide group details, number of participants, requested tour topic and access requirements in booking email enquiry
T 08 8207 7000
T 08 8207 7033
- Tour fees apply and are subject to change.
- One Gallery Guide will be allocated per 10 people. If group numbers increase, additional Guides may be allocated (additional fees will apply).
- Tours are generally 45-50 minutes. Longer tours may be requested (additional fees will apply).
- Three weeks’ notice is required when requesting a group tour. Payment is required at least one week before your visit.
- Tours are subject to Guide availability; AGSA cannot guarantee that all requests for tours will be granted.
- The number of attendees must be confirmed and payment made in one transaction no later than one week prior to your visit.
- Bookings are considered firm and no refunds on tour or any ticket fees will be made after payment is made.
- View the terms and conditions of public entry and photography in the Gallery here.