We understand that sometimes, even though an exhibition visit is free, transport costs can inhibit schools visiting the Gallery. With the support of BHP, AGSA Education are pleased to announce transport subsidies to visit Regional Tarnanthi exhibition, Saltbush Country, at Port Pirie Regional Art Gallery in 2023. This subsidy is available for Department for Education schools located north of Adelaide.
Saltbush Country, curated by Marika Davies, provides a rare opportunity to experience the works and worldviews of Aboriginal artists working independently across regional South Australia. In this exhibition, seven artists tell stories of their culture, community and connection to Country.
Applications are now closed. Successful applicants will be notified via email by Friday 1 September 2023.
- Who is eligible to apply?
- What is the subsidy amount?
- What is required?
- When we visit the Gallery what do we need to do?
Department for Education schools located more than 30 kms north of Adelaide.
Each school site can apply for up to $500 as a contribution towards the cost of return transport to the Port Pirie Regional Art Gallery to see Saltbush Country.
Once your application is approved by AGSA, our Education Support Officer will liaise with you as to an appropriate time to schedule your school excursion. It will be the responsibility of the school to make the transport booking. Once this has been confirmed your school finance department will need to invoice AGSA Education for the agreed subsidy amount.
- Schools MUST visit Regional Tarnanthi at the Port Pirie Regional Art Gallery which is a free exhibition (School visits available from Monday 25 September – Friday 3 November 2023)
- You will also receive a Tarnanthi Resource pack which includes a catalogue, Aboriginal Art in the Classroom Publication (volume 2) and a copy Tarnanthi: Make and Create children’s activity book.